Sunday, October 22, 2017

Trend Report: Mad for Plaid

Another season, another big trend. Did you get the memo? It was seen all over the streets during fashion week. And when I say get the memo, this thing can literally be worn to the workplace without any doubt whatsoever because of the professional feel of it. How’s about that? Such a win-win situation. I’m talking about – the oversized plaid blazer.

First of all, let me just say that I’m a big believer in the power of a blazer. You’ve all seen in numerous posts how I revolve my business trip outfits around one piece right? See sample here. I’ve seen it tossed by editors in plain shirt and jeans combination for a polished look. It’s classic, sophisticated and works well with your everyday basics. What’s not to love? ;)

Here's how I tackled the trend, pairing it with its distant cousin - the gingham/ ruffled trend of the summer season and an of-the-moment improvised fanny pack as seen here. Took it to the streets of this historical place in Manila just to show how it's like to be a lady boss in Intramuros.😎







Blazer: H&M; Top/Belt/Skirt/Bag: Mango




No comments:

Post a Comment