Sunday, August 14, 2016

Long Live the Skinny

While a lot of fashion sites have predicted the death of this denim silhouette, a quick look at the global trendsetters such as Olivia Palermo, Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid prove otherwise. Indeed, there are trends that elevate their status from fad to a classis closet staple because of their versatility and skinny jeans is one of them. If we just observe the varieties of skinny we have now from different rises (high or low), color, prints, destroyed and yes even the activewear such as leggings and jeggings, there's only one thing we can deduce - skinny jeans are here to stay.

If you've observed, I'm rarely a jean-type of person but I do own a few pairs (and also because of this) and I will share how I simply styled two of my pairs below - both from H&M. I guess their staying power stems from the fact that they're very easy to style. Trivia: In the first photo below, I got this pair from the Swedish's retailers kids' section. Hihi. It's one of the reasons why I love this store. I can find pieces at a kid's price (haha!) and even more if it's on sale. It's really BONGGA! Haha!


Top: Mango; Pants: H&M; Shoes: Zara

This second look below is inspired from my style icon - Olivia Palermo. I like how she classically sticks to this silhouette and does not experiment on the other emerging trends such as the cropped flares. Anyway, if there's another trend that I wish is here to stay, I hope it's the off-shoulder trend. :P

Hat/ Pants: H&M; Top/ Shoes: Zalora

I've always wanted to do another DIY with one of my skinnies like what I did here but I still can't find time as of the moment. Will update soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment