Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wedding in Toronto

Did you know the motif of the wedding?” I got asked a lot of times during the wedding itself. When I was young, I read this book of etiquette that suggests you wear something that is somehow coordinated to the wedding’s motif as a guest but to be honest, before I left my knowledge was that my friend’s wedding is in midnight blue. I don’t know, I guess I judged it from the invitation??? Lol!

So the closest shade I came up with was mint - something that as mentioned in my previous post, perfect for a late spring wedding. Again staying true to myself, I applied my favorite colorblocking technique using this maxi pleats skirt. Little did I know that all the bridesmaids were in mint dresses and the actual motif was mint and peach – as worn by the sponsors in the entourage. Talk about apropos!

It was fun being pseudo-part of the entourage though. And since I have another friend getting hitched by the end of this year, I kind of suggested this idea to have a two-tone gown - for the bridesmaids that is. We had time to discuss while we were going for the long drive to Cape Cod in Massachusetts after the wedding (outfit post on that soon) but only when I got back home did I realize that this can be quite tricky to do what with the tailoring of the dresses. So now, I have an assignment from him to work on this idea of mine. What did I get myself into? Haha!

The photos below were taken at this very charming place - Old Mill Inn and Spa in Toronto. I just love the quaintly picturesque setting of their function rooms. It did rain that day but it was fun and beautiful celebrating life and love with dear friends. :)















Dress: Bugis in Singapore; Skirt: Mango; Shoes: Zara
Clutch: Mango; Necklace: Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment