Saturday, February 24, 2018

Of Blacks and Weddings

As someone who considers herself a fashion rule breaker, I'm still a bit perplexed how I'm quite a traditionalist when it comes to this rule of no black at weddings for a guest. This occurred to me one time when I saw my most favorite fashion blogger (one that I really admire the most) choose this color (or lack thereof) for such an occasion. It took every ounce of strength not to comment how it felt wrong.

I looked back at some of the weddings I attended where I tried my best to coordinate to the motif of the wedding because I believe I read that etiquette sometime before (relative or not). Sure, there was this one time where I wore a black shiny vest and tutu skirt plus gladiator heels but that was because the theme was rock and roll. Even the bride was in black gown. Gasp!

I did some digging to this topic and a lot of reputable fashion websites (Vogue, included) do say that time's changed and black is now acceptable to weddings. The only rules that strictly stand are not to upstage the bride and avoid white. But of course! I'd say I still like the tradition of not wearing black for weddings but should a black tie theme come soon in the calendar, I might try to shake things up and wear this gorgeous Zaful bandage LBD that's versatile, chic and slimming. What's your take on this rule? :)

















P.S. All styling are by yours truly. This post was made in collaboration with Zaful and Rosegal. You may use ZafulChen and RosegalChen to have additional 10%-20% off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment