Saturday, May 6, 2017

Disney Sea

I wish I can say right now that we thoroughly enjoyed our Disney Sea adventure. We heard a lot of feedback from friends who had fun in there and being a unique attraction to Tokyo alone makes it a must-visit in the city that we even booked our tickets in advance. 

But the Sakura happened. And our short stint in Tokyo means that the Disney sea visit will have to suffer. With Shizuoka being about 150km away from the city, it's a shame that we were only able to reach the attraction around 4PM (which made for a great photo-op at the fountain globe entrance). :P

The park is enormous and the crowd is always something to consider which is why you'll find a lot of articles on how to make the most out of your visit. But it seems like there's one thing they never mentioned if you're visiting in the winter months - Disney Sea doesn't provide outdoor heaters in the area. Which is odd because I've been to other theme parks like Everland in Seoul on a winter season and whenever I needed warmth, I just had to stand under one and feel better in a bit. In PH and SG, industrial fans are provided in the queue area because understandably, it's a must. Which makes me wonder why this wasn't considered here.

Granted, I wasn't in my most sensible winter outfit. Hello, mini skirt and fishnets. Haha! But still, even my friends couldn't stand the 7-degree weather then. We tried to make the most out of our visit by trying a few rides at the Arabian coast and when the sun was down we found the perfect hideaway at the Mermaid Lagoon (probably the only theme with indoor queue and rides, haha!).  There was still so much unexplored (we couldn't stand the shows in the public viewing area because it was really numbing cold) so I guess I'll just have to say that I'll visit you again one day, Disney Sea. And until you have the heaters provided, it'll probably be in other season. :P By the way, my fishnets worn are provided by Gamiss.












Hat/ Sweater/Skirt: H&M; Jacket: Mango; Shoes: Chinese Laundry


No comments:

Post a Comment