Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Celebrity-Inspired: Tuxedo Dress

Vanity Fair has released their Best Dressed Women of 2015 in the World (hereand I’m happy to see my favorite Hollywood actress Emma Stone make it in the coveted list. :) You see not only does the A-lister have a funny character, she and Andrew are simply the most adorable couple on Earth (believe me, I almost lost my trust in “forever” when rumors spread that they split) and best of all she is always the coolest girl on the red carpet. I know, too much fangirling here so let's just quickly move to her fashion choices.

In these days, the trend seems to be boyfriend-anything and Emma Stone made a nod to that when she showed up in something tuxedo-inspired during the SAG awards early this year. Because seriously, why not turn a tuxedo into a dress? I.SIMPLY.CANNOT.UNPOST it in my other blog for wishlist as seen here. The tuxedo jacket dress is layered over a sheer, sweeping fishtail skirt and is by Dior couture. It is just too edgy, empowering and iconic at the same time. I love, love, love this dress. I'd also love to use the word "innovative" on that. 

And to prove just how unforgettable this dress is, months after without quite meaning to, I was able to dug items in my closet to recreate that look. Believe me, it all sort of fell into my hands. It only took three different pieces to reproduce it and I was too satisfied, too pleased with myself on this. Who would’ve thought I could recreate something couture – and a Dior one at that? ;-) Seriously, this should be my best couture styling of the year award and yes I am bestowing it upon myself. Hahaha!!! :)


Blazer Dress: Zalora; Lace Dress: Warehoues; Sheer Dress/Cover-up: H&M (seen here)
Sandals: H&M; Earrings: H&M; Bag: Accessorize




No comments:

Post a Comment