Saturday, November 29, 2014

C&C: Camel & Cobalt

For someone who like me who lives in a tropical country, it’s a big wonder how I developed this much love for capes! I’ve long noticed this wonderful invention when I blogged about it 2 years ago here in my other lifestyle blog and the pursuit hasn’t stopped since then. I really do think that this is one of the fashion industry’s excellent layering piece. It’s like a poncho, scarf and a draped jacket all rolled into one. Also, it is such a statement that can serve as a focus single item in your look that whatever is underneath becomes entirely negligible. Although I think when done in a really striking color combo (read: camel and cobalt below) can also make a big impact. Check also Atlantic-Pacific’s lead in an almost similar combo here.


It may have helped Superman fly in the air but let’s face it - wearing it does also have its inconveniences. Think: how to carry your shoulder bag, how to raise your arms and in this country, how to escape funny comments from bullies at work. Lol! I know that comfort must always precede fashion but sometimes you just gotta feel like a super girl with a super chic accessory! ;-)

Cape: Mango
Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: Marks & Spencer

2 comments: