Friday, October 7, 2016

Umbrella-ella-ella-eh



"I didn't invent the rainy day, man. I just own the best umbrella."
So, you got your proper footwear recommendation here, your layering pieces here and you're all set for the rainy season. Nope. We're forgetting one accessory necessity here - the umbrellas. 



Did you know that forgetting umbrellas is one of the leading causes of getting flu here in the Philippines? Nope? Yeah because I just  made that up. Lol! But seriously, just last week one of my colleagues got sick because he had to brave the rain without his umbrella. Admit it, it's one of the most neglected items in our lives, haha! This year I already lost my two collapsible umbrellas, one of which got lost the next week after I bought it. *facepalm*

And recently, the weather has just become so unpredictable that forgetting an umbrella at home or worst leaving it on purpose because it was sunny in the morning is considered sheer stupidity, lol. I have some friends though who doesn't bring them because it doesn't look cool for them to use it. But seriously, why sacrifice your health over style when you can be stylish enough with them? My solution? Buy those prints that matches your outfit as seen in the gallery below. Hehe. 


I used to be a fan of the collapsible jolly brolly only but my recent shopping revealed that the non-collapsibles have much better print. Besides, I remember reading an article before that carrying an umbrella wards off female attackers since it could be a good defense weapon. :P So win, win for me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy how I styled my brollies (I used to spell it brelly) in the past. ;)

Top: Maldita; Skirt: Zalora; Belt: Unbranded; Shoes: Zara

Jacket/ Clutch/Umbrella: Mango; Top/ Skirt: Unbranded; Shoes: Dorothy Perkins

Dress/ Shoes: Mango; Skirt: Unbranded

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I love this post. Too true and hilarious. I like the idea of matching a printed umbrella with your outfit. Makes it even more fun ;) x

    Shanaz | Fashionista NOW

    ReplyDelete